These terms and conditions apply to our on-demand services. Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about the terms and conditions on which we will deal with each other.
1) It is our intention that all the terms of the agreement between us (including details of the services and any goods or materials we are to provide) are contained in this document. If you have any questions or do not accept any provisions included in these terms and conditions, please let us know.
2) The service is provided by Haig’s Drains Ltd own staff.
3) Quotations given by us are valid for thirty days from the date they are given. We may vary or withdraw any quotation at any time before it is accepted by you.
4) We will do our best to complete the work and provide the goods and materials for the quoted amount. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may incur additional costs above the quoted amount. In this event we will let you know immediately and explain the reasons for the additional costs and ask you to accept an amended quote to cover the
5) The price payable by you is the price stated as the net value on the quotation plus the applicable rate of VAT at the time the services are supplied.
6) All Customers: A 30% deposit will be required for all quotes proceeded. No date will be held for work to commence, and no work will commence until the deposit is paid unless previously agreed by Haig’s Drains Ltd. The deposit is non refundable unless in exceptional circumstances, where Haig’s Drains Ltd will decide if the refund will go ahead, or if any
circumstance where Haig’s Drains Ltd has cancelled the job.
7) Domestic Customers: You will be invoiced immediately on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable immediately. If you do not pay the Total Due immediately you must pay an administration charge of £5 and interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the prevailing rate plus 5% per annum until payment is received in full. An additional one of late fee of £75 Inc. VAT may also be added to your bill subject to Haig’s Drains Ltd discretion.
8) Commercial Customers: You will be invoiced on completion of the work. The Total Due on the invoice is payable immediately unless an invoice terms has been agreed prior to the invoice being issued. If you do not pay the Total Due within this time you must pay an administration charge of £5 and interest will accrue on the outstanding amount at the
prevailing rate plus 5% per annum until payment is received in full. An additional one of Late fee of £75 Inc. VAT may also be added to your bill subject to Haig’s Drains Ltd discretion
9) An administration charge of £10 is payable in respect of each cheque we present payment that is dishonoured by your bank for whatever reason.
10) We will carry out work during our normal business hours, which are from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. We may be able to work outside our normal hours at an additional charge.
11) Unless we are responsible for it, we will not include loss or damage to your property (including any cleaning needed) or any other type of loss. If access has to be made to your property to complete a repair, we will fill any holes and leave the surface level but will not replace the original surface or construction. Any redecoration or repair of damage that may
be needed following our work is your responsibility, unless we have been negligent.
12) You must let us know of anything, which may present a hazard or danger to anyone carrying out work in your property. You must also make sure that we have clear access to any relevant drains and covers and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you for that additional work and/or expense.
13) We guarantee all parts and labour for 60 days for domestic customers and 28 days for commercial customers from the date of completion of the work provided that our guarantee will not apply where faults are caused wholly or in part by your (or any other person’s) misuse or neglect of those goods and materials or as a result of fair wear and tear. Any
guarantee we offer does not affect your legal rights including those rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. You can get information about your rights from a Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Department.
14) We will not be responsible for our failure to meet any of our obligations under this agreement because of circumstances beyond our control.
15) If you are a tenant you will need your landlord’s permission to allow us to carry out the work. If the property is listed building you may require planning permission. In either case it is your responsibility to obtain any permission required for the work.
16) Notice of your Right to Cancel. You are entitled to cancel this agreement. If you wish to cancel you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send by recorded delivery or registered post to Haig’s Drains at the address on the front of the quotation within 7 working days starting from the date the agreement is signed. Notice of cancellation is deemed to have been served as soon as it is posted or sent to us via electronic communication.
17) We may cancel the agreement at any time by giving you written notice. If we cancel the agreement without good reason, we will pay you any reasonable costs you incur as a direct cancellation.
18) Haig’s Drains may check your details with one or more licensed credit reference and fraud-prevention agencies. Haig’s Drains may keep a record of this search and the payment details from your account and share it with other organisations. If a person provides false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this is also recorded. This information may be used by Haig’s Drains and other organisations may search these records to:
REQUEST A CALLBACK