Although Haig’s Drains Ltd may be a relatively young drainage company, our employees have over a decade of experience specialising in a range of drainage services, such as installing replacement drains, performing CCTV drain surveys and carrying out drain repairs. Since our establishment in 2018, we have also tackled countless blocked drains for domestic, commercial and industrial clients throughout the Ilkley area.
This page explains what can cause blockages, along with the risks of waiting too long to call in a professional drainage company like us, and how we can help resolve such issues.
Some of the most common causes for blocked drains include:
- Food Waste – Even if you have a garbage disposal installed in your sink, homeowners in the Ilkley area should avoid putting food waste down the drain. While some foods like coffee grounds do not dissolve and can clog a pipe, others may contain oil or fat, which can solidify and lead to blocked drains.
- Tree Roots – These will seek out even the smallest holes or cracks in underground pipes and continue to grow until, eventually, they obstruct waterflow. Removing tree roots from pipes can be a challenge for a drainage company, and may result in costly drain repairs or even the installation of replacement drains.
- Toilet Paper – A build-up of toilet paper can lead to a blocked drain, which stops your toilet from flushing. If a plunger won’t solve the problem, you will need to call a drainage company like Haig’s Drains Ltd to take care of the problem for you.
- Soap – As traditional bars of soap consist of grease or fat, regular use can lead to a build-up of soap scum in your pipes. If such a problem occurs in your Ilkley home, we offer a range of drainage services to resolve the issue, such as pressure washing to remove traces of soap scum.
- Hair – While a ball of tangled hair can cause a blockage by itself, it can also bind with remnants of soap, shower gel and shampoo to form an even more stubborn clog.
At Haig’s Drains Ltd, we believe that prevention is the best cure for a blocked drain. However, sometimes it is impossible to detect a problem until it is already too late.
That is why we offer CCTV drainage services to customers around Ilkley. We aim to identify a potential blockage issue and resolve it before it develops into a bigger problem, such as:
- Blocked drains result in poor drainage, which leads to the backing up of wastewater
- Restricted waterflow in blocked drains often results in a leak, which can damage a pipe. Contact our drainage company as soon as you spot a leak to avoid problems with mould, staining and warping. We offer a 24-hour callout service for emergency drain repairs and replacement drains around Ilkley
- Blocked drains are a breeding ground for bacteria, leading to unpleasant smells and potential health hazards. We suggest employing our drainage services as soon as possible to avoid these issues
Based in Leeds, Haig’s Drains Ltd carries out drainage services such as drain rodding, water jetting and grease trap cleaning to keep your drains clear all year round.
Contact our drainage company now to avoid costly drain repairs and the need for replacement drains.